Councils, community organisations and private clubs can apply for
grants up to £25,000 and/or interest-free loans up to
£25,000 from the Capital Grants and Loans Scheme operated
by the Council.
The scheme exists to provide considerable benefits to local
communities in the provision and improvement of community
Capital grants and loans awards may be offered to
those wishing to:-
Build new facilities, e.g. a village hall or sports changing
- Extend existing facilities, such as additional storage space
for a community centre.
- Make improvements to existing facilities, including sports
facilities, (N.B. this does not include repairs or
- Create facilities for the community.
- Purchase land for community use.
- Purchase buildings for conversion for community use.