Change In Your Circumstances
Tell us about a Change in your Circumstances
If your circumstances change you must notify us of this change immediately.
If you fail to notify us and you are overpaid, you may have to pay this back. We call this an overpayment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.
The following changes will affect the amount of benefit you receive:
Changes in your Income
- If you start or stop to receive Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance or any other type of state benefit
- If you start or stop to receive Child or Working Tax Credits
- If your salary or wages increase or decrease
- If there is any other change to the income that you or your partner receive
- If there is any change to the income of anyone else living in your household
Changes in your Home
- If you move address
- If the number of people living with you change
- A partner either comes to live with you or leaves the property
Other possible changes
- If you or your partner go into hospital
- If you or your partner either become, or cease to be a student If the amount of savings you have increases or decreases
There are many different ways in which your circumstances changing could affect the amount of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support that you receive. If you have a change in your circumstances and are unsure of how it will affect your claim you can contact the Revenues & Benefits team by emailing email@example.com or call us on 01902 696668 to enquire.
Alternatively, please download and complete our Change of Circumstances form and return to us. If you have moved home and also have changes in your household or income then please complete the review form