Change In Your Circumstances

Change in your Circumstances

If your circumstances change you must notify us of this change immediately.

If you fail to notify us and you are overpaid, you may have to pay this back. We call this an overpayment of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support.

The following changes will affect the amount of benefit you receive:

Changes in your Income

  • If you start or stop to receive Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance or any other type of state benefit
  • If you start or stop to receive Child or Working Tax Credits
  • If your salary or wages increase or decrease
  • If there is any other change to the income that you or your partner receive
  • If there is any change to the income of anyone else living in your household

Changes in your Home

  • If you move address
  • If the number of people living with you change
  • A partner either comes to live with you or leaves the property

Other possible changes

  • If you or your partner go into hospital
  • If you or your partner either become, or cease to be a student If the amount of savings you have increases or decreases

There are many different ways in which your circumstances changing could affect the amount of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support that you receive.

You can check the impact on your benefits on the Turn 2 Us website using the benefit calculator.

If your circumstances change and you are unsure of how it will affect your claim you can contact the Revenues & Benefits team by emailing or call us on 01902 696668 to enquire.


Get in touch


South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire


Show on map

Office Opening Times

If you are unable to find what you need online today please contact us on 01902 696000.

Mon-Tue,Thu-Fri 09:00am - 17:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 17:00pm
Sat-Sun Closed

Face to Face appointments are available but must be pre booked in advance of your visit by calling 01902 696000.