1. The Customer agrees to pay South Staffordshire District Council (“The Council") to collect garden waste in the Customer's green garden waste bin(s) for the period of the Customer's subscription. Between Friday, July 4, 2022 and Sunday, July 2, 2023 (one Scheme Year). The Council reserves the right to vary the cost of the service in subsequent years.
2. The Council will arrange for the emptying of subscribed green garden waste bins, displaying a valid sticker (or awaiting a sticker), every two weeks, throughout the Scheme Year with the exception of a four-week suspension between mid-December and mid-January, dates for which will be available on the Council website (www.sstaffs.gov.uk/waste). The service will be provided by contractors engaged by the Council.
3. There will be no reductions for subscribing to the garden waste collection service part way through the Scheme Year and no refunds for cancelling part way through the Scheme Year.
4. If the Customer moves house within the District, they may move their subscription to the new property at no additional cost. Prior to moving house as soon as possible the Customer should contact the Council on 01902 696000 to arrange for the permit to be moved to the new address. Green bins should not be taken to the new address as the address on the bin will not match the address at which the bin is being presented and it will not be emptied. If the Customer moves out of the District no refunds will be available.
5. Towards the end of the subscription period, the Council will contact Customers to sign up to the next Scheme Year. If Customers do not sign up and make payment by the end of the current Scheme Year ( Sunday,July 2, 2023), the Customer will not receive any further garden waste collections until a payment has been made.
6. If Customers share a subscription with a neighbour to the garden waste collection service the Council will only correspond with the address for which the subscription is held.
7. Additional garden waste subscriptions can be purchased from the Council by website or phone. There is no limit to the number of additional garden waste subscriptions that Customers can purchase and where the number of green bins does not match sufficiently the number of subscriptions purchased, an additional green bin(s) will be provided at no additional charge.
8. The Council reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time.