1st April 2014 - Council
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the South Staffordshire Council will be held in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Codsall, on Tuesday, 1st April, 2014 at 7.00p.m., for the purpose of transacting the business set out below.
A G E N D A
1. Priority Business (if any)
2. Minutes To confirm and sign the minutes of the special meeting of the Council held on 25th February, 2014
3. Apologies To receive any apologies for non-attendance.
4. Declarations of Interest To receive any declarations of interest.
5. Questions pursuant to Council Procedure Rule 11.4 Note: A Councillor may ask the Chairman of the Council, a member of the Cabinet or the Chairman of any Committee, Sub-Committee or Panel a question on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the District of South Staffordshire provided that:- (a) they have given at least seven working days' notice in writing of the question to the Chief Executive; or (b) the question relates to urgent matters, they have the consent of the Cabinet Member to whom the question is to be put, and the content of the question is given to the Chief Executive by 11.00a.m. on the day of the meeting. Every question shall be put and answered without discussion but the person to whom the question has been put may decline to answer.
6. Report of the Leader of the Council Note: Council Procedure Rule 12 states:- 12.1 The Leader of the Council shall at each ordinary meeting of the Council submit a report on the work of the Cabinet, and shall be open to question thereon. 12.2 The Leader of the Council may invite (a) representative(s) of a partner organisation(s) to address the Council in respect of any matters referred to in the Leader's report relating to partnership working between the Council and the organisation(s). 12.3 A member of the Council may, at the discretion of the Chairman, ask the Leader of the Council a question relating to a matter referred to in the Leader's report to Council and may, after having the response from the Leader (or at the Leader's discretion the relevant Cabinet Member or representative of a partner organisation) ask one supplementary question on the point of the original question. 12.4 A member of the Council may question the Leader once (with the provision for a supplementary question) on each item in the Leader's report. 12.5 An answer by the Leader of the Council (or appropriate Cabinet Member) may take the form of: (a)a direct oral answer by the Leader of the Council (b)a direct oral answer by a Cabinet Member with portfolio responsibility for the matter subject to question (c) (d)(e)a direct oral answer from a representative or a partner organisation invited by the Leader of the Council to respond.where the desired information is in a publication of the Council or other published work, a reference to that publication; or where the reply cannot conveniently be given orally, a written answer circulated to the questioner. 12.6 There shall be no debate on a question submitted under Procedure Rule 12.3. A questioner may request that the matter under question be referred to the Cabinet or appropriate committee/sub-committee/panel, if such a request is made the Chairman will ask for a seconder to the proposal, the seconder will have no right to speak on the proposal; the Member of the Council, in responding to the question shall have the right to comment on the proposed referral. The question will then be put to the vote without further debate.
8. Report of the Cabinet Member for Support Services re: Agreement with Stratford upon Avon District Council Re: IT Services
9. Reports of the Cabinet Member for Strategic Services re: (i) South Staffordshire Local Plan Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) - Adoption (ii) South Staffordshire Local Plan Green Belt and Open Countryside Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - Adoption (iii) South Staffordshire Local Plan Affordable Housing and Housing Mix Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) - Adoption
10. Report of the Chief Executive re: Council Pay Policy Statement
11. Report of the Audit Committee re: Treasury Management Strategy and Prudential Indicators 2014/15-2018/19
12. Report of the Regulatory Committee re: Members Allowances Scheme 13. Chairman's Announcements To receive any announcements which the Chairman wishes to bring to the attention of the members.Note: Members, officers, and the public are requested to stand at the conclusion of the meeting whilst the Chairman and Vice-Chairman leave the Council Chamber.