9th December 2014 - Council
TO:- ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the South Staffordshire Council will be held in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, Codsall, on Tuesday, 9th December, 2014 at 7.00p.m., for the purpose of transacting the business set out below.
A G E N D A
1. Priority Business (if any)
2. Minutes: To confirm and sign the minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 16th September, 2014
3. ApologiesTo receive any apologies for non-attendance.
4. Declarations of InterestTo receive any declarations of interest.
5. Questions pursuant to Council Procedure Rule 11.4 A Councillor may ask the Chairman of the Council, a member of the Cabinet or the Chairman of any Committee, Sub-Committee or Panel a question on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the District of South Staffordshire provided that:- they have given at least seven working days' notice in writing of the question to the Chief Executive; or the question relates to urgent matters, they have the consent of the Cabinet Member to whom the question is to be put, and the content of the question is given to the Chief Executive by 11.00a.m. on the day of the meeting. Every question shall be put and answered without discussion but the person to whom the question has been put may decline to answer.
6. Report of the Leader of the Council
Note: Council Procedure Rule 12 states:- 12.1 The Leader of the Council shall at each ordinary meeting of the Council submit a report on the work of the Cabinet, and shall be open to question thereon. 12.2 The Leader of the Council may invite (a) representative(s) of a partner organisation(s) to address the Council in respect of any matters referred to in the Leader's report relating to partnership working between the Council and the organisation(s). 12.3 A member of the Council may, at the discretion of the Chairman, ask the Leader of the Council a question relating to a matter referred to in the Leader's report to Council and may, after having the response from the Leader (or at the Leader's discretion the relevant Cabinet Member or representative of a partner organisation) ask one supplementary question on the point of the original question. 12.4 A member of the Council may question the Leader once (with the provision for a supplementary question) on each item in the Leader's report. 12.5 An answer by the Leader of the Council (or appropriate Cabinet Member) may take the form of: (a)a direct oral answer by the Leader of the Council (b)a direct oral answer by a Cabinet Member with portfolio responsibility for the matter subject to question (c)a direct oral answer from a representative or a partner organisation invited by the Leader of the Council to respond. (d)where the desired information is in a publication of the Council or other published work, a reference to that publication; or (e)where the reply cannot conveniently be given orally, a written answer circulated to the questioner. 12.6 There shall be no debate on a question submitted under Procedure Rule 12.3. A questioner may request that the matter under question be referred to the Cabinet or appropriate committee/sub-committee/panel, if such a request is made the Chairman will ask for a seconder to the proposal, the seconder will have no right to speak on the proposal; the Member of the Council, in responding to the question shall have the right to comment on the proposed referral. The question will then be put to the vote without further debate.
7. Report of the Chairman of the Audit Committee re: Annual Treasury Management Report 2013/2014
9. Report of the Strategic Development and Planning Manager re: South Staffordshire Tourism Strategy 2014-2017 - Adoption
10. Report of the Chief Executive re: Urgent action pursuant to Council Procedure rule 26 approval of absence section 85 of the Local Government Act 1972
11. Chairman's Announcements To receive any announcements which the Chairman wished to bring to the attention of the members. Note: Members, officers, and the public are requested to stand at the conclusion of the meeting whilst the Chairman and Vice-Chairman leave the Council Chamber