Blymhill & Weston-under-Lizard Parish Council
Blymhill and Weston-under-Lizard
Blymhill stands 6 miles northeast from Shifnal and 6 miles northwest from Brewood. Slightly northeast from Weston-under-Lizard, Blymhill formed part of the Earl of Bradford's estate and once housed workers from the estate. It contains a number of fine listed buildings. The church is dedicated to St Mary and has 14th century origins. Despite being extensively rebuilt it retains many original features. Under the terms of the Staffordshire Review Order, 1934, parts of the adjoining parishes of Church Eaton and Gnosall were added to Blymhill.
Weston-under-Lizard is a model village standing on Watling Street, 6 miles northwest of Brewood. Weston Park is open to the public and plays host to a series of weekend events each year between March and November, of which the ‘V' music festival, held each August, is probably the most famous. The gardens at Weston Park are a good example of an 18th century landscape garden where Capability Brown once worked.
Information taken from South Staffordshire Reviewed with the permission of Paul Collins and Craig Walker
Blymhil and Weston under Lizard Parish Council Audit Return 2017-2018
Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests
Details of each parish councillor's Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests
Cllr D.L. Maddocks
Tel: 07703 205037
Mr Philip Delaloye
1 Bridgeman Court
Tel. 01952 850438
Contact Details for the Parish Chairmen & Clerk