Corporate Fraud Team
Here at South Staffordshire Council we have a dedicated Fraud Investigation Service.
Our Investigation Team has:
- Over forty five years of Housing Benefit/Council Tax and Welfare Benefit knowledge
- Current experience of investigating tenancy/Right To Buy fraud
- Twenty five years of investigative experience
- A proven capability to conclude investigations with a sanction
- To collect and collate evidence to the standard necessary for prosecution
Our Investigators conduct all investigations in full compliance of the requirements of:
- The Fraud Act 2006
- The Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act 2013
- The Council Tax reduction Scheme regulation 2013 s4 and s5
- The Housing Act 1996 s171
- Criminal Investigation Procedures Act 1996
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- Data Protection Act 1984
- The Human Rights Act 1998
Our Investigators are trained and qualified Accredited Counter Fraud Specialists, a qualification ratified by the Institute of Criminal Studies Portsmouth University (Professional in Security-PINS) and have achieved further professional development having qualified as:
- Authorised Officers
- PINS Management
- Accredited and Certified Counter Fraud Officers
If you suspect a fraud in South Staffordshire, please report it to our Corporate Fraud Team.
If you know of someone cheating the system, please give us as much information as possible, such as:
- The person's full name
- Their address and/or the address at which fraud is suspected
- Details of anyone else involved
- Why you suspect fraud
- What you believe they are doing
- Descriptions of those involved (height, build, hair colour etc.)
- If you suspect them of working, give the employers name, start and finish times, car registration and any other details known
Who to Contact
You can call our 24 hour Hotline numbers to report your suspicions
- 01902 696649
- 0800 328 6340 (National Fraud Hotline)
or between the hours of 8.45 am to 5.00 pm telephone 01902 696619 or 01902 696635 to talk to a fraud investigator direct.
For further information on data matching at this authority please do not hesitate to contact us.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:-
Corporate Fraud Team
South Staffordshire Council Council Offices
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: Any information you give us will be treated in the strictest of confidence.