Essington Parish Council
Essington for many centuries formed part of Bushbury parish which until 1934 was part of the Cannock Rural District but is now a populous suburb of Wolverhampton. Essington was formed into an ecclesiastical parish in 1934 when the church of St. John the Evangelist was built as a memorial to the late J.W. Forrest of Holly Bank House.
Housing development in the parish has been scattered and future planning is a matter of considerable concern to the County Council. The parish covers 3,007 acres but there are several communities mainly based on the main roads that pass through the parish to Walsall, Wednesfield, Willenhall and Wolverhampton. There has been considerable suburban development since 1921, when the population was 2,393. Today the population is well over 3,000 and there is no doubt that, because of its proximity to the large towns, the parish will become more urbanised.
Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests
Details of each parish councillor's Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests
External Link: Essington Parish Council