Featherstone & Brinsford Parish Council

Featherstone & Brinsford history

The boundaries of Hatherton, Water Baton, Hilton, and Featherstone are described in the Charter of Wulfrun to the Monastery at Wolverhampton in 994. For centuries the parish belonged to the Deans of Windsor and Wolverhampton. In this charter, Brenesford, modern Brinsford, is mentioned. Sparsely populated, Featherstone's most celebrated resident was the antiquary John Huntbach. There was little urban development in the area until the sinking of the Hilton Main Colliery, which brought in miners from widely separated coalfields. In 1921, the population was only 39, an increase of just 4 over 1851, but by the late 1950s it had risen to 1,500. To the original colliery estate has been added a larger number of council houses.

Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests

Details of each parish councillor's Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests

Links

Latest Parish Council Meetings and Agendas

Contact Details

Clerk

Mr. R. Young,
2B Appian Close,
Two Gates,
Tamworth,
Staffordshire.
B77 1JA
Tel: (01827) 707944
Email: bluesea02@outlook.com

Chairmen
Cllr. F. Beardsmore,
7 South Crescent,
Featherstone,
Nr. Wolverhampton,
South Staffordshire.
WV10 7AU
Tel: (01902) 721956

Other pages in the section

Meetings and Agendas

Meetings and Agenda - Featherstone & Brinsford

Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests

In this section, find out more about the Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests for Featherstone & Brinsford Paris

Contact

Get in touch


Address

South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire

WV8 1PX

Show on map

Office Opening Times

Calls

08:30 - 17:30

open

Visits

08:45 - 17:00

open

We are closed on weekends

View leisure centre opening times