Himley Parish Council
Himley is a small village and parish on the main Stourbridge-Wolverhampton road, 1½ miles northwest from Kingswinford and 4 miles west from Dudley. There are no shops, post office, or school. The area of the parish is 1,185 acres. The Church, dedicated to St. Michael & All Angels, built in 1764, is a small brick and plaster building, well lighted by large windows characteristic of the period. The name Himley appears in various forms. In Doomsday Book it is spelt Himilie, and elsewhere as Himelilega and Himlele. All versions mean a clearing in a wood where hymele is grown. There is some uncertainty as to what hymele is, but it is either the hop plant or something like it.
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of public rights
Meetings - Agendas & Minutes
Find details of the next parish council meeting, and access meeting agendas and minutes.
Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests
Details of each parish councillor's Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Other Interests
Contact Details for the Parish Chairmen & Clerk