Council Tax Penalties
Failure to notify or supply information
The authority may impose a penalty of £70 where a person:
- Fails to notify the authority, without reasonable excuse, on any matter which affects entitlement to discount.
- Fails to notify that their dwelling is no longer an exempt dwelling.
- Fails to notify the Authority that they are jointly liable for the tax.
- Fails to supply relevant information requested in order to establish liability.
- Fails to supply relevant information requested after the issue of a Liability Order has been obtained. Failure to supply could lead to a criminal prosecution and a fine.
Appeals against the imposition of penalties are to the Valuation Tribunal.
Penalties are added to your Council Tax bill and and non-payment can be recovered in the Magistrates Court.
If you require further assistance, please contact the Council Tax Department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 01902 696664
If you would like to register for self-service where you can access information on your Council Tax account please follow this link:- self service