Advice about the NHS COVID-19 app
Businesses are encouraged to display the NHS QR Code poster and to encourage visitors to scan the poster.
The app is an important part of the NHS Test and Trace programme and the QR Code on the posters helps to make the process of contacting people in the event of a coronavirus outbreak easier.
Customers simply scan the code with their smartphone when they enter, and the phone app and QR Code create a digital record so the venue information is logged on the user's phone.
What the app does:
- Alerts you if you've been near other app users who have tested positive or coronavirus.
- Lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
- Alerts you if you have visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus.
- Provides a checklist of coronavirus symptoms to see if you need to order a free test.
- Helps you book a test and get your result quickly
- If you need to self-isolate, it keeps track of your self-isolation countdown and provides relevant advice
Information and resources
These resources can be shared by email, hosted on your website or displayed at your venue.
Introducing the app - explainer pack (PDF: 1.6MB)
NHS COVID-19 app features - overview poster (PDF: 1.9MB)
How to create a QR poster for your venue (PDF: 605KB)
Tips for displaying your QR poster in England (PDF: 1MB)
How to use QR codes to check into a venue (PDF: 653KB)
How to download the app on Android phones - guide (PDF: 2.7MB)
How to download the app on iOS iPhones - guide (PDF: 2.3MB)
For more information about the NHS COVID-19 app, visit: