Covid Winter Grant Support
COVID Winter Support
Staffordshire County Council are offering emergency help to Staffordshire residents who are struggling to heat their home this winter.
What support can you get?
- If you are struggling to pay your fuel bills, you could get up to £200 worth of financial help. This will be provided by pre-paid meter credit or paid directly to your energy provider to add credit to your account or to clear prior debt.
- If you are in an emergency situation and you do not have heating, or your heating has broken, we will deliver electric oil filled heaters to heat your lounge and bedrooms. As well as providing you with up to £150 worth of credit to contribute to your electricity, as the heaters use up a lot of energy. You will also get a Winter Warmth Pack (which includes hats, gloves scarves and hot flasks) for each individual who lives in the house.
- Your information will be cross checked against the wider Staffordshire Warmer Homes offer, to see if we can help you to get a long-term central heating solution fitted in your home, as well as insulation, or more energy efficient measures that can save you money.
Who is eligible?
You could be eligible to benefit from the scheme if you meet one of the below criteria:
- Claim benefits or tax credits (including Universal Credit)
- Have low or no income
- Are disabled
- Are elderly (over the age of 65 years old)
- Have very young children (under the age of 3 years old)
- Are currently unemployed
Apply online by visiting https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Community/Household-support-fund/Winter-Home-Heating-Support.aspx or by calling the charity Beat The Cold on 01782 914915