The Space Scheme
The Space Scheme has been developed by The Office of Police and Crime Commissioner, South Staffordshire to increase access to facilities during the summer holiday for young people aged 13-17 years old.
This year we have received funding to give young people living in South Staffordshire the opportunity to access fitness facilities, for a nominal fee during the summer school holiday.
Discounted access to 'Active Youth' supervised gym sessions
Young people aged 13-17 years living in South Staffordshire are eligible to access a number of supervised gym sessions. The supervised gym sessions are held at specific times and cost £1 per session.
Cheslyn Hay Leisure Centre Tuesdays 6-7pm and Wednesdays 7.15-8.15pm. Call to book on 01922 417790
Codsall Leisure Centre Thursdays and Fridays 3.30-4.30pm. Call to book on 01902 844032
Penkridge Leisure Centre Tuesdays and Fridays 4-5pm. Call to book on 01785 714152
Wombourne Leisure Centre Wednesdays and Fridays 4-5pm. Call to book on 01902 898202
Discounted 3G Pitch Hire
As part of the funding we will be subsidising 3G pitch hire. Subsidies provide 1 hour pitch access for just £10. Subsidies will be issued on a first come, first served basis and due to limited funding, access may be restricted if demand is high.
Young people aged 8-17 years are eligible for discounted access to public swimming throughout the summer. Swimming access will be £1 per session and will be sold on a first come, first served basis. The discounted access will not include any inflatable swimming sessions - discounts will only be applied during public swims. (Children must be 8 yrs+ to swim without an accompanying adult).
How to get started
- Register for a Space Scheme place and get a parent/guardian to sign the website disclaimer.
- Complete the leisure centres 'sign up' form and bring it with you on arrival to book your sessions.
- After your visit, please give us your feedback to let us know how we did.
Terms and conditions
- Capacity is restricted. Passes are limited and sold on a first come, first served basis
- Children must be residents of South Staffordshire
- Passes are available to use during the summer school holiday only
- Proof of age will be required
- Active youth gym sessions are for young people aged 13-17 years only
- Passes provide free access to Active youth gym sessions only
- Passes can be purchased multiple times during the summer school holiday
- Purchase your passes at any of South Staffordshire Council's leisure centres
- Swim passes are for children aged 8-17 years and will be sold on a first come, first served basis
- Reduced 3G pitch hire is limited as funding is restricted, therefore the pitch discounts will be issued on a first come, first served basis
- You will need to provide personal details at the time of buying your pass. This information will be sent to The Office of The Police and Crime Commissioner in order to evaluate the scheme.
- A parent/guardian must be present at the time of purchasing the passes, in order to provide consent for the young person to participate.