Bulky Waste Collection
Our agreement with you
- Please note that if you place an order for collection then you are deemed to have accepted these conditions. If you have any questions about the conditions please telephone 01902 696203 before making a request
- This service is for bulky household waste only: commercial and industrial waste will not be accepted. If when we attend we establish that the items are from a commercial premises we will not remove the items and no refund will be given.
- Items must be at your collection point outside of your property by no later than 07:00 on the day of collection: please note that this day may be different to your usual bin collection day.
- Your item must be accessible on the day of collection: there should be no obstructions that would prevent the crew from collecting and loading onto the vehicle the bulky item(s).
- Items must be left in such a way so as not to obstruct the highway.
- Only the item type and numbers stated at the time of booking will be collected. Amendments may be accepted by contacting Customer Services on 01902 696203 by 10:00 on the working day prior to your scheduled collection. Changes to the number of items due to be collected may result in additional charges. These must be paid in full before the items are collected.
- The maximum dimensions of any single item are 6 foot (1.83 metres) x 4 foot (1.23 metres) and the items must be manageable by two persons.
- Service cancellations must be made by 10.00 am the working day prior to your scheduled collection day
- We will not collect certain items such as concrete, liquids (e.g. petrol, oil, paint), hazardous waste (e.g. infectious healthcare waste, fluorescent tubes), asbestos, bagged household waste (including garden waste) and waste arising from household construction work (e.g. tiles, plaster rubble).
- We cannot specify a time of collection. Crews have until 17:00 to complete your bulky waste collection: please do not report a missed collection until after this time.
- Crews will not collect items from inside properties, garages or outbuildings (e.g. sheds).
To enable us to provide the service to you we must process your personal information. If you do not provide the information required we are unable to offer the service to you. South Staffordshire District Council is a data controller. Our address is Council Offices, Wolverhampton Road, Codsall, WV8 1PX. Our telephone number is 01902 696000.
The processing of your information is necessary for the performance of the contract for the collection of waste. We will provide your details to our contractor Biffa Municipal Limited for them to collect the waste on our behalf. After the waste has been collected we will erase any personal data we hold. The information you provide will be used fairly and lawfully and South Staffordshire Council will not knowingly do anything which may lead to a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.
You have certain rights as regards your personal data such as access to it; to have incorrect information rectified; to have information erased etc. Any queries that you have regarding the handling of your personal data or if you wish to exercise these rights then you should contact our Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner whose details can be accessed via ico.org.uk.
Get in touch
South Staffs Council
Wolverhampton Road, Codsall
WV8 1PXShow on map
Office Opening Times
If you are unable to find what you need online today please contact us on 01902 696000.
Mon-Tue,Thu-Fri 09:00am - 17:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 17:00pm
Face to Face appointments are available but must be pre booked in advance of your visit by calling 01902 696000.