Planning Committee 17 July: matters arising
Released on 20 July 2018
The outcome of the Planning Committee meeting on 17 July was as follows.
1.16/01054/FUL LYNE HILL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, PENKRIDGE
Approved as recommended – decision delegated to the Assistant Team Manager (Localities 4 and 5) to issue the decision on completion of a satisfactory Section 106 Agreement
2. 17/00633/FUL 122 STREETS LANE CHESLYN HAY WALSALL
There was one speaker, Barry Birch (applicant, for,) The application was approved as recommended, including an amended condition 4, additional conditions 8 and 9 and amended informative, included in the deferred Committee report:
The stables hereby approved are for the personal use of the occupiers of 122 Streets Lane, Cheslyn Hay and shall only be used for the stabling of horses. The building shall not be used for any other purpose, unless otherwise first agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. Reason In order to define the permission and to avoid doubt.
Additional Conditions  and 
Before the development commences, full details of a suitable boundary treatment to enclose the entire paddock area shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority for approval. The approved boundary treatment shall be built/erected/provided concurrently with the development and shall thereafter be retained in the approved form and position throughout the life of the development. Reason To ensure that horse welfare standards are satisfactorily maintained.
The paddock shall be maintained using a strip grazing management system for the pasture involving the use of electric fences, and supplementary feeding for the horses shall be provided during winter. Reason To ensure that horse welfare standards are satisfactorily maintained.
Amendment to Informative
PLEASE NOTE that the development/works listed under Condition 7 (i)(ii)(iii) of this consent are currently unauthorised and require a separate application for Planning Permission.
3. 17/00959/FUL THE TOFT FARM, LEVEDAL ROAD, LEVEDALE
Application was deferred to allow an Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Opinion to be carried out.
4. 17/01022/OUT LAND NORTH OF PENKRIDGE, STAFFORD ROAD, PENKRIDGE
There were 2 speakers, Joanne Taylor, (against) and Jennifer Towers, (applicant, for) Councillor John Raven moved for refusal on grounds of OC1 and Strategic Objective 2. Motion seconded by Councillor Jo Chapman. Councillors Ford, Ashley, Bernard Williams, Val Chapman and Lawrence all spoke against. Application was overturned – REFUSED on the following grounds
1. The proposed development is contrary to the policies for the control of development in the Open Countryside within the adopted Core Strategy, namely Policy OC1 and Strategic Objective 2.
5. 18/00107/FUL OLD MITRE, BURSNIPS ROAD, ESSINGTON
Application was APPROVED as recommended, with the following additional condition:
12. Before the development hereby approved is occupied, details of a landscaping scheme for the former public house car park on the eastern side of Bursnips Road, to enable it to be used as amenity space for the occupants of the apartments, shall be submitted in writing to and approved by the Local Planning Authority. The land shall be maintained as amenity space for the lifetime of the development.
12. Reason: To safeguard the amenity of the area in accordance with policy EQ11 of the adopted Core Strategy.
6. 18/00200/FUL MOUNT COTTAGE, REDCLIFFE DRIVE, WOMBOURNE
There was 1 speaker, Thomas O'Neill, (agent, for) Councillors Upton and Reg Williams were concerned there would be further applications to extend the property. Councillor Mary Bond spoke in favour of the application. Application was APPROVED as recommended.
7. and 8. 18/00269/ADV and 18/00270/FUL THE FOUR ASHES, STATION DRIVE, FOUR ASHES
Both applications were deferred to enable further discussions to take place with Sports England regarding the most suitable time period to enable the pitches to recover, prior to the start of the football season.
9. 18/00338/FUL 1 BROOMHALL COTTAGES, HORSEBROOK FARM LANE, BREWOOD
There was 1 speaker, Adam Hewitson (neighbour, against) Application was APPROVED as recommended
10. 18/00371/OUT SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE HOUSING ASSOCIATION, ACTON GATE
Application was APPROVED as recommended, with condition 3 (approved plans condition) deleted and replaced with the following:
3. The buildings hereby approved shall only be used for storage, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority.
Reason 3. In order to define the permission and to avoid doubt.
For further details contact
South Staffordshire District Council
Tel: 01902 696000