Keeping our communities safe
Released on 7 September 2017
South Staffordshire Council is constantly working with Staffordshire Police to ensure South Staffordshire is a safe place to live, work and visit. Crime and anti-social behaviour(ASB) levels are lower in South Staffordshire than in surrounding areas such as Cannock, Stafford or Wolverhampton, however the council continues to work in partnership to deliver effective ways of reducing the opportunity for crime to take place. Some examples of this work include;
· Promoting crime prevention advice via the council's website and Facebook pages.
· Supporting police to deliver targeted operations to disrupt and charge criminals who target South Staffordshire.
· Space scheme- Delivering sporting activities through the summer holidays for children, so to reduce the chances of them engaging in ASB
· In conjunction with the police using powers that are available to deal with persistent ASB
· Commissioning a new CCTV system that can be moved to areas identified where issues or ASB and crime may be resolved by using CCTV
For further details contact
South Staffordshire District Council
Tel: 01902 696000