Civil Parking Enforcement

Streets (On-Street)

Clear Streets is the name given to the enforcement operation carried out by Staffordshire County Council to tackle inconsiderate parking on yellow lines in our village streets. The County Council website has full information about this service on the link below.

Requests for enforcement and other general enquires about parking matters should be via the County Councils contact centre tel: 0300 111 8000 or the Clear Streets email account:-

Parking on yellow lines is often dangerous and can cause obstructions for emergency services vehicles.

The Civil Enforcement Officers can issue Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) to vehicles where there are yellow lines. They also enforce limited wait lay-by parking and other on-street contraventions.

The yellow line rules also apply to the footway and verge. A PCN can be given if a vehicle is parked on a footpath or verge where there is a yellow line.

These powers do not apply to roads where there are no yellow lines. Here help may be obtained from the police (if they deem it appropriate). Illegal obstructions and dangerous parking can be reported directly to the police via the non emergency contact number 101.

Public Car Parks (Off-Street)

The Civil Enforcement Officers also patrol the village centre off-street car parks (on behalf of this Council) and can issue penalties for contraventions of the restrictions that apply to the car park. See public car parks.

These restrictions relate to wrongful use of disabled bays, obstructive parking and the parking of large commercial vehicles.

Penalty Payments and Queries

You can pay a penalty charge notice by phone by dialling one of the following numbers;

On-Street Penalty (e.g. yellow lines); these ticket have a reference number of GE followed by eight digits; telephone 0300 111 8000; you will need to give the ticket reference number.

Off-Street Penalty (e.g. on a car park); these ticket have a reference number of ZS followed by eight digits; telephone 01902 696678; you will need to give the ticket reference number.

How can I query or appeal a Penalty Charge Notice?

If you feel that the PCN was issued wrongly and that you were not contravening the restrictions, you can challenge it by following the instructions on the reverse of the penalty ticket. Alternatively you can contact the Enforcement Centre (at Stoke) by one of the following contacts;

  • email:
  • telephone: 0845 0450420
  • by post: Parking Services, P.O Box 2994, ST4 9FG


Get in touch


South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire


Show on map

Office Opening Times

If you are unable to find what you need online today please contact us on 01902 696000.

Mon-Tue,Thu-Fri 09:00am - 17:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 17:00pm
Sat-Sun Closed

Face to Face appointments are available but must be pre booked in advance of your visit by calling 01902 696000.