South Staffordshire Connect Bus
Getting about is not always easy in South Staffordshire so the Council has relaunched the South Staffordshire Connect Bus service to help.
You will need to book a journey on 01902 910263 between 8am and 5pm to register and book your journey. Once booked the bus will pick you up from your home and drop you off at your destination.
The Connect bus is for any resident of any age living in the above zones who:
· Doesn't live near a regular bus route.
· Finds it difficult to use standard buses.
· Wants to make a journey which is not possible by a regular bus route.
· Can't use a regular bus because of disability or mobility difficulties.
The service is available in the following zones:
1. On Tuesdays and Fridays - Great Wyrley, Cheslyn Hay, Essington, Featherstone, Shareshill, Hilton, Wedges Mills, Saredon and Calf Heath). This service will also travel to Cannock Bus Station, the Orbital Retail Park, and ASDA, Hunter Road and Morrisons Mill St if required.
2. On Tuesdays and Fridays - Codsall, Bilbrook, Perton and Pattingham & Patshull. This service will also travel to Pendeford Morrisons, parts of Tettenhall and Albrighton as required.
3. On Wednesdays and Thursdays - Wombourne, Trysull, Seisdon, Lower Penn, Gospel End, Swindon and Himley. This service will also travel to Sedgley Market (Lloyds Pharmacy side) and Wolverhampton, Langley Road bus stop if required.
Please note that you can only travel within each zone and the drop-off points shown above. It is not possible to travel between zones. If this is something you want to do please ring 01902 910263 and put your name down on the list and we will contact you in the future if this becomes possible.
For more details please below:
Finally, if you cannot book a ride on the Connect service there may be other options for you.
There are a number of local Community Transport schemes. Some only specialise in medical journeys or in groups wishing to travel, not individuals. However please take a look at the Community Transport web pages to see the information about each scheme.