Supporting Ukrainian Refugees

Supporting Ukrainian Refugees

How to provide support

Financial Donations:

Residents wishing to make a financial donation can do so through a number of charities providing humanitarian relief in Ukraine. Residents can donate to the Disasters Emergency Committee Ukraine Appeal.

Residents donating to the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal will help DEC charities provide food, water, shelter and healthcare to refugees and displaced families.

The Government of the United Kingdom has so far matched, pound-for-pound, £25 million of public donations to this appeal. There are lots of other organisations across the UK and internationally who have launched appeals, and residents may wish to donate through these organisations instead of the Disasters Emergency Committee .

There are some simple steps residents can take to ensure their money is safe and being used effectively, including

  • Checking the charity's name and registration number using the search the charity register tool
  • Most charities with an income of £5,000 or more must be registered, which means they are regulated by The Charity Commission
  • Make sure the charity is genuine before giving any financial information

If in doubt, ask the charity or organisation for more information

Donating Essential Supplies:

One of the best ways to help is by donating cash through trusted charities and aid organisations, rather than donating goods. Cash can be transferred quickly to areas where it is needed and individuals and aid organisations can use it to buy what is most needed.

Unsolicited donations of goods, although well-meant, can obstruct supply chains and delay more urgent life-saving assistance from getting through. Organisations across the UK are gathering essential supplies, such as clothes, first aid and sanitary products. Many charities and community groups will have lists of items they need. Charities with experience of responding to disasters are best placed to reach victims on the ground.

The Home Office and the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities are encouraging financial donations where possible.

Useful Information - see links below

Apply for a Ukraine Family Scheme visa

Sponsorship scheme for Ukrainians

Homes for Ukraine Factsheet (English, Ukraine and Russian versions):

Welcome Guide

Homes for Ukraine Campaign

Information for Sponsors

Homes for Ukraine visa Sponsorship scheme: privacy notice

Moving to the UK

Bringing personal items to the UK

Frequently asked questions

How the NHS works - English version

How the NHS works - Ukrainian version

How the NHS works - Russian version


Get in touch


South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire


Show on map

Office Opening Times

If you are unable to find what you need online today please contact us on 01902 696000.

Mon-Tue,Thu-Fri 09:00am - 17:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 17:00pm
Sat-Sun Closed

Face to Face appointments are available but must be pre booked in advance of your visit by calling 01902 696000.