Staffordshire is divided into eight districts - we serve South Staffordshire.
South Staffordshire Council provides services for the cost in council tax of £2.51* a week (average Band D). This makes us the fifth lowest district council tax in England. *This amount is for year 2022/23.
Your council covers:
- Anti-social behaviour and community safety
- Bereavement services
- Building control
- Business Hub services
- Commercial development and regeneration
- Council tax collections and Business Rates
- Environmental health
- Food hygiene and safety
- Grounds maintenance (excluding public highways)
- Homelessness prevention
- Housing advice
- Housing benefits and council tax support
- Litter, graffiti, fly-posting and dog offences
- Noise nuisance/pollution
- Planning applications and policy
- Planning enforcement
- Road sweeping (routine only)
- Waste and recycling collections
There are 42 district councillors in South Staffordshire.
Find out more about your local councillor.
View the Council Plan for 2020 to 2024 and the other strategy documents.