Staffordshire is divided into eight districts - we serve South Staffordshire.
South Staffordshire Council provides services for the cost in council tax of £2.51* a week (average Band D). This makes us the fifth lowest district council tax in England. *This amount is for year 2022/23.
Your council covers:
- Anti-social behaviour and community safety
- Bereavement services
- Building control
- Business Hub services
- Commercial development and regeneration
- Council tax collections and Business Rates
- Environmental health
- Food hygiene and safety
- Grounds maintenance (excluding public highways)
- Homelessness prevention
- Housing advice
- Housing benefits and council tax support
- Litter, graffiti, fly-posting and dog offences
- Noise nuisance/pollution
- Planning applications and policy
- Planning enforcement
- Road sweeping (routine only)
- Waste and recycling collections
There are 42 district councillors in South Staffordshire.