COVID-19 - Local Land Charges Register
Access to Environmental Information under the Environmental Information Regulations.
- South Staffs Council is currently not able to offer facilities to enable a personal inspection of the Local Land Charges Register due to the CONVID-19 situation.
- The arrangements involve personal inspection of the register plotting sheets and computer within an office provided for that purpose. It is not currently possible to inspect the register safely. Social distancing advice cannot be maintained in the office and there is a high risk of spreading the virus from infected people touching documents and equipment.
- The Council is taking all reasonable measures at this time, in line with government guidance on coronavirus and its transmission to protect its staff and the public.
- The Council Offices are currently closed to the public and council staff.
- All appointments to inspect the register have been cancelled.
- The Council is aware of the requirement under the Environmental Information Regulations to provide access within 20 working days and will try to achieve that.
- No access to inspect the register in person will be available within the next 15 working days at the earliest and further updates will be made available.
- It is expected that when the building is opened to the public personal inspection of the register can commence.