How to pay your Council Tax
How to pay your council tax
Pay Online: You can pay your bill, with a credit or debit card, using our online payments service.
Self Service: View your council tax account details, see how much your next Council Tax instalment is and when it's due to be paid etc. using new Self Service Facility.
Other ways to pay council tax
To set up a direct debit, please complete our online form.
If this is unavailable, you can set up a direct debit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the following details:
- Customer Name
- Property Address
- Council Tax reference number
- Telephone number
- Bank Sort Code
- Bank Account Number
- Bank Account Name
- Preferred payment date (choice of 1st, 15th or 25th of each month)
Alternatively you can call us on 01902 696664, having your sort code and account number ready. You've got a choice of payment dates: 1st, 15th or 25th of each month.
Upon receipt of the information we will endeavour to process you application with 14 days.
You can pay by Banks Automated Clearing System (BACS).
BACS payments can be set up directly with your bank or through internet banking.
Payment must be made by the first day of each month.
When making BACS payments you will need to quote:
- Your Council Tax Account Number: 1_______,
- Sort Code: 20-81-18
- Account number 23733254.
24 Hour Telephone Payment Facility
You can pay using our dedicated automated payment line: (01902) 696678. You will need to quote your Council Tax account number.
If you want to pay by Standing Order then you need to quote the following details when you advise your bank:
- South Staffordshire Council,
- Barclay's Bank,
- Sort Code: 20-81-18
- Account Number: 23733254
- quoting the account reference shown on the front of your bill.
Post Office Counters & Paypoint Outlets
You must use the barcode on your most recent bill or reminder notice each time you use this service.
Please note some outlets may only accept cash payments.
- Do not enclose your bill with your payment, please retain for your records.
- Don't send cash through the post - it's not secure and we won't issue you with a receipt.
- Only post cheques or postal orders.
- It should be made payable to South Staffordshire District Council and sent to the address below.
- Please write your account reference and your name and address on the reverse of your cheque.
Payment Over 12 Months
You can ask to pay your Council Tax over 12 months. Please contact the office to request this by emailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on (01902) 696664.