Overpayments of Council Tax Support

What happens if I am overpaid Council Tax Support?

Council Tax Support slightly differs to Housing Benefit, if you are awarded Council Tax Support the credit is deducted straight from your Council Tax account.

If you are overpaid Council Tax Support, the amount will be added back on to your Council Tax account and a revised demand notice will be issued.

For further details regarding paying your Council Tax demand, you can visit our How to pay page or contact our Council Tax department on 01902 696669.


Get in touch


South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire


Show on map

Office Opening Times

Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, the Council Offices are now closed and residents should consider alternative ways of contacting the Council rather than visiting in person Please see the Contact box on the left for further information about how to contact us.