E-billing and Council Tax self service
We will shortly be issuing Council Tax bills for April 2019 to all households. Customers registered for e-billing will shortly receive an email confirming your bill is ready to view online.
In order to view your Council Tax e-bill, you will need to be registered with MyAccount. If you are unable to log in using your password, we recommend that you reset your password. You can do this by clicking on the link here.
Once you have reset your password and logged in then you can proceed to view your Council Tax account and e-bill for 2019/20.
We know that most people would prefer to receive their bills electronically rather than an old style paper bill. Sign up to Council Tax self service now.
Not only will you be able to view your bill online, but you'll also be able to view other recovery documents which we may have sent you, and report any changes which may affect your Council Tax.
The benefits of e-billing:
- you can view your bill as soon as it is available and as often as you like - 24/7
- savings on postage and paper will help to minimise future collection costs
- you will always know where your bill is
- it is environmentally friendly.
self service also offers you these additional options:
- Set up a direct debit
- Request or cancel a single person discount
- Report a change of address
- View a summary of your Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit claim details.
Register for e-billing and self service
If you require further assistance, please contact the Council Tax Department by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 01902 696664