The Council will consider the use of pools and ponds on public open spaces for fishing by local clubs.

As an angler it is important for you to know that anyone aged 12 years or over who fishes for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England and Wales must have an Environment Agency Fishing Rod Licence.

A rod licence is a statutory requirement (it is required by law) and allows the licensee to use a rod and line to fish. Rod licenses are issued by the Environment Agency. They differ from permits (often referred to as tickets or day tickets) which give permission to fish in particular water and are issued by fishery owners, angling clubs and so on.

We currently lease pools at 2 of our sites to local fishing clubs. Perton Angling Club lease the Lower Lake in Perton and the pools at Strawberry Lane in Great Wyrley are leased to Shifnal Angling Club.

Please contact Community Services for more details


Telephone: (01902) 696000


Get in touch


South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire


Show on map

Office Opening Times


08:30 - 17:00



08:45 - 17:00


We are closed on weekends

View leisure centre opening times