It is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 for any person to fly tip rubbish on any land in the open air. We take fly tipping extremely seriously within South Staffordshire and where there is sufficient evidence we will seek to prosecute offenders.
Offenders can be prosecuted for:
- knowingly causing fly-tipping
- knowingly permitting fly-tipping
When dealing with offenders the council:
- Take a tough line
- Try to use structural changes to prevent fly tipping from happening
- Work with other prevention agencies such as the police to tackle fly tipping
- Communicate and update our progress regularly through social media
People or businesses who transport, buy, sell or dispose of waste, or arrange for someone else to do so, must be registered. The Environment Agency publish a register of waste carriers, brokers and dealers who hold the necessary licences.
Call: 01902 696000