Omicron Discretionary Support Grant
The Omicron Discretionary Support Grant provides support to businesses severely impacted by the rise of the Omicron Variant. These may include, but are not limited to: hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care, the travel and tourism sector, including group travel, travel agents and tour operators, coach operators, wedding industries, nightclubs, theatres, events industries, wholesalers, English language schools, breweries, freelance and mobile businesses (including caterers, events, hair, beauty and wedding related businesses), gyms, and other businesses that may have not received other grant funding.
The grant is paid as follows:
- For businesses who are registered for Business Rates, a grant of £2,667
- For businesses not registered for Business Rates but can evidence they have fixed costs, ag rant of £1,500.
- For businesses not registered for Business Rates and don't have fixed costs, a grant of £1,000. This s expected to help businesses such as mobile businesses.
Funding for this scheme is limited and grants will be assessed on a first come, first served basis and in line with the criteria set out above. Once the funding has been fully allocated, the grant scheme will close to new applications. Where it is identified that surplus funding may remain unspent, the Council reserves the right to amend the eligibility criteria of the scheme.
Local Businesses will not be eligible for a grant under the following circumstances:
- Grants will not be paid to local businesses who have previously received either the Discretionary Support Grant or Visitor Economy and Tourism Grant.
- Business eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant will not be eligible for the Omicron Discretionary Support Grant.
- The grants are not intended to be used as a wage support mechanism and any applications made to cover this will be refused.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted levels of subsidy will not be eligible to receive funding.
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Only one grant can be awarded to any business. This also applies if more than one Limited Company has the same director(s) or where more than one business has the same proprietor.
- Businesses which are located outside South Staffordshire Council area.
How to Apply
We are now accepting applications. To make your application go to www.grantapproval.co.uk. Applications will close on 18th March 2022 or sooner if all funding has been allocated.
Please select the ‘Grants For Businesses' option and click 'Register' to create an account. When applying, please ensure you choose the specific grant application that relates to your business. The application process will close when the funding has been fully allocated. This date may be revised subject to future announcements in relation to further local and/or national restrictions.
How and when will payments be made?
We are expecting a high volume of claims for these grants. We will be clearing claims as quickly as possible and aim to validate claims within 10 working days of receipt of all information required. We'll send you an email to confirm we have received your claim and we will keep in contact with you by email.
The grant payment is payable to the claimant (ratepayer where liability for business rates). The payment will be paid directly into the nominated bank account, which will take up to 10 working days to reach your bank account after your application has been approved.
All grant payments are subject to income tax and the State Aid thresholds.
If your application for a grant has been refused, you are entitled to submit an appeal. All appeals must be emailed to email@example.com and must include the reasons why you are appealing our decision to refuse to pay a grant. Contact Us If you need help with your Additional Restrictions Grant application or have a general query, you can get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help with your Additional Restrictions Grant application or have a general query, you can get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.