South Staffordshire Training Academy provides a range of courses which take place across South Staffordshire Council's four leisure centres. For details on up and coming courses email email@example.com
National Pool Lifeguard Courses (NPLQ)
- Monday 24th October to Saturday 29th October – £275 (£70 non refundable deposit) at Penkridge Leisure Centre
- Monday 24th October to Saturday 29th October - £275 (£70 non refundable deposit) at Wombourne Leisure Centre
Pre-requisites for the NPLQ:
- Must be able to swim 100m on back an front continuously
- Must be able to jump/dive into the deep end of the pool
- Must be able to retrieve a manakin from the deepest part of the pool
- Please visit RLSS.org.uk for further details regarding lifeguarding courses
Safety Award for Teachers/Assistants
Wednesday 31st August 2022 - Safety Award for Teachers at Wombourne Leisure Centre - £95.00 0800hrs – 15.00hrs
- open to all swim teachers and water assistants who do not hold an NPLQ or equivalent qualification
- can be used as a renewal for those who hold the award but is near expiry date
- Covers rescue techniques, first aid and CPR.
Aquatic Helper Courses:
Tuesday 30th August 2022 - Aquatic Helper at Wombourne Leisure Centre - £65 – 0800hrs-1500hrs
open to all those acting in a water assistant capacity as volunteers (must be 14years plus) or staff at swim schools where helpers are in the water.
Swim Teachers Courses:
24th October 2022 to Thursday 27th October 2022 - STA Level 2 Certificate in Swimming Teaching at Codsall Leisure Centre - £295 (£70 non refundable deposit) – second course for those wishing to teach improvers and advanced classes
STA Level 2 Award – must become a member of the STA (for licence/insurance) and be 16 years old to undertake the course
STA Level 2 Certificate – must hold valid membership of the STA to receive certification.
STA Level 2 Safety Award for Teachers/Assistants – must be 16 years old on day of course and be able to perform a rescue in the water STA Aquatic Helper – must be a minimum of 14years old on the day of the course and be able to work in the water at different depths.
Join our team
For vacancies, please visit out jobs page.