What the Swim Academy offers
We provide lessons for children and adults of all abilities, from non-swimmers and beginners through to improvers and advanced swimmers looking to improve their skills and techniques.
- High quality swimming tuition for all ages and abilities
- Lessons for adults and children
- Lessons for non-swimmers through to advanced
- Good teacher/learner ratios
- Assistants in the water to offer extra support
- Lessons run throughout the year to ensure continual progression
- Monitor progress via our online Home Portal
- The STA International Learn to Swim Programme provides awards at every level
- Payment is by monthly Direct Debit making swimming lessons affordable
- All Academy members get FREE public swimming at any of our 4 centres
- One to one lessons available on request
How to start your swimming journey
- Call your chosen leisure centre to check availability
- To enrol, visit your chosen leisure centre to complete the Swim Academy Membership form and Direct Debit form.
- Once you have joined, you will need to register for the online Home Portal which will enable you to check on progress, receive updates and view changes to swimming levels. For guidance on how to register for the home portal, click here.
South Staffordshire Training Academy
South Staffordshire Council also offers a Training Academy providing courses for Safety Awards, Pool Lifeguards, Student Teachers, STA Awards and more.
**POOL CLOSURE AT PENKRIDGE LEISURE CENTRE**
The Swimming pool at Penkridge Leisure Centre will be closed for essential maintenance from Thursday 4 July - Sunday 1 September. We apologise for this inconvenience. Swim Academy members payments will be suspended during this period. If members would like to transfer lessons to an alternative centre please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
**SCHEDULED CHANGE AT WOMBOURNE LEISURE CENTRE**
On Sunday 1 September and Sunday 1 December, swimming lessons will be held from 1pm - 3.30pm due to triathlons.