Return to Swimming Lessons
Swimming Lessons restart at Wombourne Leisure Centre week commencing 5 October.
Swimming lessons will start at Codsall, Cheslyn Hay and Penkridge centres at a later date. Please do not contact us yet if your lessons are not at Wombourne.
Wombourne Swimming Lessons Lessons will re-start week commencing 5th October
The swimming co-ordinator has been working hard to respond to Wombourne Swim Academy emails regarding swimming lessons. There are still one or two customers that we are missing email addresses for or have the incorrect contact details, so if you have not heard anything at all – please contact email@example.com with your child's name and the class they were in.
If you haven't heard from us, please get in touch
If you haven't heard from us, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't just turn up!
Please be patient – the swim coordinator is dealing with a high volume of emails. If you have emailed and you're still waiting for a response, be assured that the swim coordinator will be in touch as soon as possible.
Requests to change class times
We have had numerous problems where parents have registered different email addresses for each of their children which has made it extremely challenging to know if they are related and needed to be in family bubbles, but I hope we have managed to cater for most children's lessons.
If you turn up but you are not on the list for that day which may be as a result of a number of reasons such as you cancelling your direct debit during the closure; your email address was incorrect and we have not been able to make contact with you; or we have not had a response from you in the survey that was sent out. There will be a member of staff on site to deal with these situations, but it may mean your child/children will not be able to swim on that day as numbers are limited.
Some parents/guardians are already asking for moves and changes of times, however we just cannot accommodate the volume of these until we know exactly who is back or not so it may be a couple of weeks before we can respond to changes requested – but we will respond!
Things you need to know before your return to lessons:
Things are going to be a little different when your children return but we have put in all of the relevant safety measures to keep everyone safe. Please read the below guidelines before attending and you can also view a short video here of what to expect.
- Sanitise hands on arrival Scan the NHS Covid-19 QR code on entry or complete the visitors book to sign in
- Children must arrive pool ready. Changing rooms will be out of use.
- At the end of the lesson, children will leave swimwear on, quickly dry off and will need something warm to place over the top of swimwear.
- Children must wear comfortable footwear with good grip.
- Children will enter the centre through the front entrance and a member of staff will greet you and escort the children to the poolside, whilst the parent/guardian makes their way to the spectator balcony.
- Children will enter poolside and be guided by their teacher to where they can put their swim bag/towel/footwear.
- Only 1 adult per child is allowed to bring their child and sit in the spectators balcony – siblings are not allowed on the balcony.
- If you child requires the toilet – you will be asked to come back to the poolside door and use the disabled toilet where your child will be waiting for you. You will then return to the balcony and your child will return to their lesson. (Please encourage children to go to the toilet before arriving for lessons as the changing rooms are not open at the moment).
- Lessons will run for 25 minutes to start with – this will allow time for your child to get out of the pool and get towel dry before the next lesson is due to start.
- To collect your child, you will move to the end of the balcony (maintaining social distancing), and your child will meet you at the fire exit. Only upon correct identification of child to parent will the child be allowed to leave the poolside.
- Equipment will be available to use however if your child is bringing their own equipment it must be clearly marked with their name so it is returned to the correct child at the end of the lesson
- All non-swimmer/beginner swimmers will be using additional support (eg woggles and floats/arm discs) to ensure they are safe in the water.
- Improver and advanced swimmers will be using the equipment as previously, including sinkers, hoops, and floats etc.
- Water assistants will be on poolside to ensure the safety of our younger swimmers with the usual lifeguard provision for all swimmers safety. Teachers will be on poolside and will be responsible for the overall lesson and safety within the lesson itself.
- The teachers will be working on rebuilding water confidence for the younger swimmers and building strength and stamina for the older swimmers.
Please Remember – do not attend if you, your child or any one in your family shows any of the symptoms of coronavirus or you have been asked to self-isolate following contact with an infected person!!
If you are a Wombourne customer and have any queries – please email email@example.com and put the name of your child in the email so we know who the email relates to!
HEAR THE LATEST NEWS FIRST
Keep up to date with the latest developments by signing up to receive regular bulletins here
Monitoring your child's progress
South Staffordshire Training Academy
South Staffordshire Council also offers a Training Academy providing courses for Safety Awards, Pool Lifeguards, Student Teachers, STA Awards and more.