Road Closures for Small Community Events

If you are organising a small community event for residents and neighbours and need to close a road for the event to go ahead you will need to complete a small event road closure application form.

Please note there is no fee payable in relation to road closure applications for the Queens Platinum Jubilee Celebrations.

Applications must be received at least 4 weeks before the date of the event accompanied by a detailed plan clearly identifying the sections of road(s) to be closed and fee of £50 should be sent to:-

Legal Services

South Staffordshire District Council

Council Offices


South Staffordshire


Or by email (with attachments) to:

Applications from Registered Charities or for small community street parties are free of charge. Closures for Remembrance Day parades are also free of charge. All other applications are chargeable.

Road closures for larger public events that anyone can attend are dealt with by Staffordshire County Council as the Highway Authority for Staffordshire.

Helpful tips, advice and support for organising a successful event can be found on the Streets Alive Website.


Legal Services



Get in touch


South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire


Show on map

Office Opening Times

If you are unable to find what you need online today please contact us on 01902 696000.

Mon-Tue,Thu-Fri 09:00am - 17:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 17:00pm
Sat-Sun Closed

Face to Face appointments are available but must be pre booked in advance of your visit by calling 01902 696000.