Reporting an Accident
The law requires certain work-related injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to be reported to the local authority or Health and Safety Executive.
Report an injury, dangerous occurrence or disease on-line, directly via the HSE website.
What needs to be reported
- death or major injuries to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises.
- death or hospitalisation of a member of the public·
- disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities·
- dangerous occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done·
- an injury lasting for seven days (not counting the day on which it happened) to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises. The report must be made within 15 days of the accident.
Food & Safety Team
Telephone: 01902 696220