Apply for planning permission
Please note the Council Offices are now closed to the public. The Planning Team are working remotely with varied hours. We are trying our best to deal with our current workload and are aiming to deal with planning applications within their specified period. Due to very limited number of staff being allowed in the offices we are strongly advising you DO NOT submit any paper copy applications or pre-application requests. If you do send it to us by post, it may not be actioned for some time and may take significantly longer than necessary. We strongly advise that you submit your planning application via the Planning Portal who will be able to process and handle your fee aswell. You can still however submit by email directly to us and pay the fee online at the Council's website.
(email@example.com and payments here). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
Before you apply for permission, have you considered a pre-application enquiry ? We will:
- check that you need to make a full application;
- let you know whether we are likely to grant permission; and
- suggest changes you could make to increase your chances of success.
We maintain a register of planning applications and applications for tree work, which includes personal details of people who have:
- submitted a planning application;
- commented on a planning application;
- submitted pre-application enquiries and hedgerow removal notices; or
- submitted a complaint about a high hedge, together with details of the person living at the property where the hedge is growing and the person who owns the property.
To maintain this register, we collect and use personal information about you. For more information about how we process this data, please see our Data Protection page.