Local Plan Review
The Council is committed to begin a review of the Local Plan (Core Strategy + SAD) and background work is already underway. The review will cover (as a minimum) the following matters:
• South Staffordshire's own objectively assessed housing need and the potential for housing supply to meet this need.
• Employment land requirements for South Staffordshire.
• South Staffordshire's potential role in meeting wider unmet housing and employment needs through the Duty to Cooperate.
• The appropriateness of the existing settlement hierarchy and the strategic distribution of growth.
• The need for further additional safeguarded housing and employment land for longer term development needs.
• Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople provision.
• A comprehensive Green Belt Review undertaken jointly with the Black Country authorities.
More detail can be found in Policy SAD1 of the Site Allocations document (SAD).
Issues and Options Consultation *NOW CLOSED*
The consultation ran from Monday 8 October until 5pm Friday 30 November 2018.
We are aiming to publish the comments made to the consultation in the next few weeks.
LPR Issues and Options - Step-by-Step Guide to Key Issues
NB: Representations cannot be kept confidential and will be available for public scrutiny, including your name and/or organisation (if applicable). However your contact details will not be published. See our full Data Protection link below.
Drop In Sessions
We will be holding 3 all day drop in sessions spread across the district where you can speak with a member of the Local Plans Team about the review and the Issues and Options consultation. The sessions will run from 10am until 7pm and people are welcome at any of the events as they are not specific to one area.
If you can't make any of the sessions, you can see the boards we have on display here: Drop-in Session Posters
Session 1 - Wednesday 7 November at Wombourne Civic Centre, Gravel Hill, Wombourne, WV5 9HA
Session 2 - Wednesday 14 November at Council Offices, Codsall, WV8 1PX
Session 3 - Thursday 15 November at Haling Dene Centre, Cannock Road, Penkridge, ST19 5DT
Officers from the Local Plans Team are also available during normal opening hours throughout the consultation period at the Council Offices in Codsall. If you are making a special journey in, please call beforehand to ensure that there is an officer available, on 01902 696000.
To sign up for updates on consultation dates for the Local Plan review and other local planning matters, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form at Local Plan Updates with your details.
The Strategic Planning Team manages and maintains a register of persons who have an interest in local planning documents (Local Plan Database); those who wish to register land for future development on our Self and Custom Build Register and/or Strategic Housing and Employment Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA); and regarding Empty Properties. In order to do this in an effective way we will need to collect and use personal information about you. For more information about how we process this data see Strategic Planning Team - Data Protection.
The Local Plans Team
Telephone: (01902) 696000