Local Plan Review
The Council has begun the review of the Local Plan (Core Strategy + SAD) and has carried out an Issues and Options consultation. The review will cover (as a minimum) the following matters:
• South Staffordshire's own objectively assessed housing need and the potential for housing supply to meet this need.
• Employment land requirements for South Staffordshire.
• South Staffordshire's potential role in meeting wider unmet housing and employment needs through the Duty to Cooperate.
• The appropriateness of the existing settlement hierarchy and the strategic distribution of growth.
• The need for further additional safeguarded housing and employment land for longer term development needs.
• Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople provision.
• A comprehensive Green Belt Review undertaken jointly with the Black Country authorities.
More detail can be found in Policy SAD1 of the Site Allocations document (SAD).
Issues and Options Consultation *NOW CLOSED*
The consultation ran from Monday 8 October until 5pm Friday 30 November 2018.
You can see all the representations submitted to the consultation at LPR Issues and Options Consultation Responses. The Local Plans Team is currently reading through all of the representations and will publish a summary schedule later in 2019.
LPR Issues and Options - Step-by-Step Guide to Key Issues
NB: Representations cannot be kept confidential and will be available for public scrutiny, including your name and/or organisation (if applicable). However your contact details will not be published. See our full Data Protection link below.
Drop In Sessions
We held 3 all day drop in sessions spread across the district where members of the Local Plans Team were available to chat about the review and the Issues and Options consultation. These were held in Codsall, Penkridge and Wombourne.
You can see the boards we displayedhere: Drop-in Session Posters
To sign up for updates on consultation dates for the Local Plan review and other local planning matters, email email@example.com or complete the form at Local Plan Updates with your details.
The Strategic Planning Team manages and maintains a register of persons who have an interest in local planning documents (Local Plan Database); those who wish to register land for future development on our Self and Custom Build Register and/or Strategic Housing and Employment Land Availability Assessment (SHELAA); and regarding Empty Properties. In order to do this in an effective way we will need to collect and use personal information about you. For more information about how we process this data see Strategic Planning Team - Data Protection.
The Local Plans Team
Telephone: (01902) 696000