Customer Feedback, Compliments, Complaints

South Staffordshire Council is committed to being a customer focused organisation and wants to work with customers to develop and improve services. The way we handle customer feedback is a key component in this process and we welcome customer feedback, compliments, complaints to learn from and to help put things right when they go wrong.

We want you to tell us…

  • If you think we have done something well
  • If you have any feedback about our services
  • If we don't get it right for you

Complaints that fall outside of this procedure

Complaints where legislation and limits apply e.g. planning appeals, housing decisions, benefit entitlement and revenue reductions cannot be considered.

Staffordshire County Services:

  • Roads, Footpaths and Street Lighting
  • Children's and Adult Social Services
  • Schools
  • School Placements

please contact Staffordshire County Council

Housing Complaints

For property maintenance issues, please contact your Landlord.

Complaints about a Councillor or member of Council staff

If you are unhappy about the way a member of the Council has behaved you can complain to the Councils Monitoring officer by emailing: This also includes complaints or an allegation of any criminal or unlawful conduct by any of our staff.

How we handle complaints

If you make a complaint, we will:

  • Always try to resolve it informally with you first, either by phone or in person
  • Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt, if we cannot resolve it informally
  • Ensure your complaint is taken seriously and is responded to by the relevant manager or the director dependent on the circumstances
  • Investigate your complaint and aim to provide a full response within 10 working days
  • Let you know if your complaint is complicated and if we need more time, and also when you can expect a full response
  • Let you know what to do if you are still not satisfied and your rights of appeal where appropriate
  • If you do appeal we will investigate thoroughly and aim to provide a full response within 20 working days of receipt

  • If you are complaining about highways and roads, please contact Staffordshire County Council Highways department 0300 111 8000 or email
  • Do not use this form to report missed bins, please ring 01902 696203 or email if your bin has been missed. Please note, missed bins must be reported to us by the end of the next working day.
  • We will reply to your feedback within 3 working days.


Get in touch


South Staffs Council

Wolverhampton Road, Codsall

South Staffordshire


Show on map

Office Opening Times

If you are unable to find what you need online today please contact us on 01902 696000.

Mon-Tue,Thu-Fri 09:00am - 17:00pm
Wed 10:00am - 17:00pm
Sat-Sun Closed

Face to Face appointments are available but must be pre booked in advance of your visit by calling 01902 696000.