Compliments, Complaints and Comments
South Staffordshire Council is committed to becoming a customer focused organisation and wants to work with customers to develop and improve services. The way we handle customer feedback is a key component in this process and we welcome comments, compliments and complaints to learn from and to help put things right when they go wrong.
We want you to tell us…
- if you have any comments about our services
- if we don't get it right for you
- if you think we have done something well
You can do this in several ways…
- Complete our online comment, compliment or complaint form
- Submit feedback on our Customer Service Survey
- Download our printable form below
- Email us on email@example.com
- Call us on our dedicated customer feedback line: 01902 696595
Complaints that fall outside of this procedure
Complaints where legislation and limits apply e.g. planning appeals, housing decisions, benefit entitlement and revenue reductions cannot be considered. A complaint regarding how the process was carried out can be considered.
Staffordshire County Services:
- Roads, Footpaths and Street Lighting
- Children's and Adult Social Services
- School Placements
please contact Staffordshire County Council
For property maintenance issues, please contact your Landlord.
Complaints about a Councillor or member of Council staff
If you are unhappy about the way a member of the Council has behaved you can complain to the Councils Monitoring officer by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. This also includes complaints or an allegation of any criminal or unlawful conduct by any of our staff.
How we handle complaints
If you make a complaint, we will:
- Always try to resolve it informally with you first, either by phone or in person
- Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt, if we cannot resolve it informally
- Ensure your complaint is taken seriously and is responded to by the relevant manager or the director dependent on the circumstances
- Investigate your complaint and aim to provide a full response within 10 working days
- Let you know if your complaint is complicated and if we need more time, and also when you can expect a full response
- Let you know what to do if you are still not satisfied and your rights of appeal where appropriate
- If you do appeal we will investigate thoroughly and aim to provide a full response within 20 working days of receipt