Making a Fraud Referral
If you suspect a fraud in South Staffordshire, please report it to our Corporate Fraud Team.
South Staffordshire Council's Corporate Fraud team investigates all aspects of alleged fraud which affects both residents of South Staffordshire and the Council as a whole.
Our dedicated team investigates –
- Council Tax Support Fraud
- Tenancy and Housing Fraud
- Council Tax Discount and Exemption Fraud
- Business Rates (NNDR) Fraud which also includes the Voluntary / Charitable Sector
- Employee / Abuse of position Fraud
- Insurance Claim Fraud
A more in depth insight of the types of Fraud investigated can be found under the link Types of Fraud at the bottom of this page. If you know of someone cheating the system, please report it.
- The person's full name
- Their address and/or the address at which fraud is suspected
- Details of anyone else involved (include name, address and relationship if known)
- Why you suspect fraud? What you believe they are doing wrong? Descriptions of all those involved (height, build, hair colour etc.)
- If you suspect them of working, give the employers/company name, start and finish times, vehicle details, make, model, colour and registration, any other information.
You can tell us of your suspicions by filling in the Fraud Referral form on this page using the drop down menu for each fraud category. Please complete the referral with as much information as possible.
Who to Contact
The Corporate Fraud Investigation Team
You can call our 24 hour Hotline numbers free of charge to report your suspicions
- 01902 696649 (Hot Line)
Your call is free and will be treated in confidence. You do not have to give your name or contact details unless you wish to do so.
Talk directly to a fraud investigator
Between the hours of 8.45 am to 5.00 pm telephone 01902 696619 or 01902 696635
Contact the Corporate Fraud Team in writing or by visiting the
Corporate Fraud Team
South Staffordshire Council Offices
Wolverhampton Road, Codsall WV8 1PX
or Email direct
If your concerns relate to benefits paid by The Department of Work and Pensions please call The National Fraud Hot Line (24 hours)
• 0800 328 6340 (National Fraud Hotline)
Fraud Report Form
To make a referral directly to the Investigation team please complete the form below. Complete the form with as much detail as you can which may help or add weight to the referral. Remember, even a small detail which may seem irrelevant may provide a significant lead in any subsequent investigation undertaken. All referrals are completely anonymous unless you wish to be contacted on your request. Any information provided is covered under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 which can be downloaded as below in the attachments or accessed directly here.