Coronavirus Advice and Support for Businesses
10 Point COVID-19 Economic Recovery Plan
The South Staffordshire COVID-19 Economic Recovery Plan sets out the strategic, operational and project-based actions the Council will focus on for the shorter and longer-term recovery of the South Staffordshire economy. The Recovery Plan summarises the Council's contribution to supporting the economy of the District as it recovers from the COVID-19 crisis. South Staffordshire Council's 10-point plan for economic recovery focuses on building trust, relationships and growth with our varied business communities, and building inclusive growth that benefits all of South Staffordshire and its communities and businesses.
Staffordshire Means Back to Business SME Support Scheme
South Staffordshire businesses and employees can benefit from a package of funding through the Staffs Means Back to Business SME support scheme. The council has partnered with Staffordshire County Council and other district and borough councils to provide a £5m package of funding to help them recover from the impact of Covid-19 and grow.
The package of support includes:
- Small Business to Thrive Financial Support
Grants of between £2,000 to £5,000 to cover additional expenditure for essential businesses staying open during the pandemic and/or those with a plan to recover and get back to growth. Express an interest in a grant.
- Start Up Scheme and Loans
Loans of between £3,000 to £5,000 offered to businesses who have first completed a recognised business start-up course, including the acclaimed Staffordshire Start-up online course. Apply for the Staffordshire Start -Up online course.
- Staffordshire 500
A major incentive programme to support businesses to develop apprenticeship opportunities, offering considerable contributions to the costs associated with recruiting and retaining an apprentice. More on how to express an interest and apply.
- Free Training Top Up for Employers
Supporting up to 400 Staffordshire businesses with grants of up to £5,000 to top-up training or up-skilling costs for employees. Find out more and express an interest.
For further information about the programmes visit www.staffordshire.gov.uk/5millionscheme
Virtual Business Support Sessions
To watch previous business webinars please click here to visit our YouTube page.
Upcoming Events delivered by South Staffordshire Council
Hospitality Sector Re-opening - Thursday 6 May 8:30 - 10:00am 2021
Upcoming Events delivered by Partners
More details to be announced soon...
Government Financial Support for Businesses
Information regarding Coronavirus Business Grants can be found here
Find out what financial support you can get for your business here Visit the government's website.
Grants for Businesses- fraud prevention
Be aware at the current time there is an increased risk of fraud. This includes risks that someone may impersonate the Council either to commit fraud against your business or to gain information allowing them to submit an application for a business grant.
There are some simple steps you can take to protect yourself
- Check the email address of the sender. Don't click on or download anything you don't trust - for example, if you get an email from a company with a strange email address.
- You may be contacted by someone offering to fill out the form for the business rate grant on your behalf. Please don't accept any offer to do this, even if they say they work for the Council. We have designed the form to make it simple and intuitive.
If the Business Rates Team contact you regarding your grant
- They will only provide links to our own or government websites
- They may have to ask you a question regarding your account which only you would know, in order to validate the grant application. However, they will not ask you to divulge any personal information
- Do not reveal your business rates account number or bank details to anyone you are not sure of.
If you are still unsure please contact ourselves on SmallBusinessGrants@sstaffs.gov.uk
Upon receipt of a correctly completed form, South Staffordshire Council will aim to forward eligible monies to businesses within seven working days.
If you have any queries, please e-mail SmallBusinessGrants@sstaffs.gov.uk with a subject heading ‘Query'.