Starting A New Food Business
If you are thinking of starting up a new food or catering business, or already have one, you will find the basic requirements you need to meet in the Food Standards Agency's Website.
New Business Checklist
- Have you registered your business with us? Food Registration Form
- Do the design, layout and construction of your premises meet the legal requirements?
- Do you and your staff understand the principles of good food hygiene?
- Have you and your staff had food hygiene training?
- Have you put the necessary food safety procedures in place and are you making regular checks to make sure they are working? You will find further information at Safer food, better business
- Do you have a pest control contract?
- Do you have a refuse collection service?
- Have you considered Health and Safety and Fire Regulations?
Specific information for your type of business is also available at:
Advice for Outdoor and Mobile Catering - National Guidance
Since January 2018 the Street Trading Policy has been in place. If you plan to trade within the South Staffordshire area you may require street trading consent. This will mean that street trading on any public parts of any of the designated streets will need consent to trade. Please refer to the Street Trading Policy for application forms and further information.
Food Standards Agency - Food Hygiene Guide
Food Standards Agency - E.coli O157 Guidance
Food Standards Agency - Food Law Inspections
Food & Safety Team
Telephone: 01902 696000