Baggeridge Country Park
The park is currently open however please keep your distance from other to minimise social interaction to help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The children's play area, The Lydiate Room, The Café and Challenge Academy ropes course and toilet facilities are all closed until further notice.
Users of the park must take extra measures to socially distance themselves from other users. These extra measures include:
- Avoid gatherings
- Keep within a 1 metre distance of other users of the park
- No handshakes, hugs or kisses
- Keep dogs on leads unless they are trained to return to owner upon call
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands
- Continue to follow normal guidelines with regards to frequently washing hands and sanitising where necessary
- Please note that the toilet facilities are currently closed.
We strongly advise everyone to follow these measures as much as they can, and to significantly limit face-to-face interaction. For more information on how to keep each other safe, click here
Baggeridge Country Park
Baggeridge Country Park is a beautiful area of countryside on the doorstep of the Black Country. Being set back from the roads, its secluded delights are revealed to you as you explore further. The creation of today's scenery however, is very diverse.
Formerly the Baggeridge Colliery and part of the original Himley Estate of the Earls of Dudley, the site has been transformed into 150 acres of attractive country park. Baggeridge Country Park provides an ideal setting for those looking for wildlife and those wishing to enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside. The park has numerous facilities for outdoor pursuits. Contact: Baggeridge Country Park, Gospel End, Sedgley, DY3 4HB Tel: 01902 882605 Email: Baggeridge@sstaffs.gov.uk
Due to Covid-19, the park is open but facilities within are closed until further notice.
- The park offers a range of facilities including:
- The Lydiate Room
- Tea Room
- Miniature Railway
- Children's Play Area
- Challenge Academy - High and Low Ropes Adventure
- Dog Friendly Park
- Toilet facilities on site (currently closed)
- Bike Trail
- Horse Trekking
The parks opening times changing seasonally however current opening times are Monday - Sunday, 09.00-17.00
The carpark has pay and display coin operated machines and enforcement is frequently carried out. Charges are as follows:
Blue badge holders are eligible to park for free however badges must be on display
Parking permits are available and may be cost effective for regular visitors of the park
*South Staffordshire residents are entitled to further discounts off the parking permits.