Baggeridge Country Park
Covid-19 Update: 5 November 2020
New National restrictions are due from Thursday 5 November 2020. The guidance allows parks and play areas to remain OPEN. To ensure you can continue to enjoy the outdoors in a safer environment, a number of restrictions will be introduced:
- Please ONLY visit the park with the people you live with, your support bubble, or 1 other person from another household.
- Car Park – OPEN. Restricted to 100 cars at anyone time. Normal car parking charges apply
- Play Area – OPEN. Restricted to 30 people at any one time. Play is limited to 30 minutes during busy times. Adults are encouraged to use track and trace/QR Code scanning and to wear a face mask when in the play area
- Tea Shop –OPEN. Takeaway service only
- Toilet Facility– OPEN
- Lydiate Room –Only OPEN to groups that meet government guidance
- High Ropes Adventure - CLOSED
When visiting the park, please follow guidelines to help keep everyone safe:
- Scan the NHS QR code on arrival
- Keep your distance from other visitors
- Masks should be worn in toilets and the play area.
- When visiting the children's play area, please act responsibly. If the play area is busy, please return at a quieter time.
- Continue to follow normal guidelines with regards to frequently washing hands and sanitising where necessary
We strongly advise everyone to follow these measures as much as they can, and to significantly limit face-to-face interaction. For more information on how to keep each other safe, click here
Baggeridge Country Park
Baggeridge Country Park is a beautiful area of countryside on the doorstep of the Black Country, set back from the roads, providing a secluded and peaceful setting. The park has been a Green Flag winner every year since 1998 which is an international mark of quality for parks and green spaces.
Formerly the Baggeridge Colliery and part of the original Himley Estate of the Earls of Dudley, the site has been transformed into 150 acres of attractive country park. Baggeridge Country Park provides an ideal setting for those looking for wildlife and those wishing to enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside. The park has numerous facilities for outdoor pursuits. Contact: Baggeridge Country Park, Gospel End, Sedgley, DY3 4HB Tel: 01902 882605 Email: Baggeridge@sstaffs.gov.uk
Due to Covid-19, the park is open but facilities within are closed until further notice.
- The park offers a range of facilities including:
- The Lydiate Room
- Tea Room
- Miniature Railway
- Children's Play Area
- Challenge Academy - High and Low Ropes Adventure
- Dog Friendly Park
- Toilet facilities on site (currently closed)
- Bike Trail
- Horse Trekking
The parks opening times changing seasonally however current opening times are Monday - Sunday, 09.00-17.00
The carpark has pay and display coin operated machines and enforcement is frequently carried out. Charges are as follows:
Blue badge holders are eligible to park for free however badges must be on display
Parking permits are available and may be cost effective for regular visitors of the park
*South Staffordshire residents are entitled to further discounts off the parking permits.