Baggeridge Country Park
Coronavirus Update: 14 January 2021
National Lockdown: Stay at Home
Following the Prime Minister's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021:
- It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble.
- You can only leave your home to exercise, and not for the purpose of recreation or leisure (e.g. a picnic or a social meeting). This should be limited to once per day, and you should NOT travel outside your local area.
- You should also minimise time spent outside your home.
Under the current conditions, the following will apply at Baggeridge Country Park:
- PARK will remain OPEN. Please follow the guidance when exercising outdoors.
- CAR PARK will remain OPEN and limited to a maximum of 100 cars at any one time. Charges apply.
- TEASHOP will be OPEN for takeaway service only
- PLAY AREA - OPEN. Restricted to 30 minutes play time and a maximum of 30 people at any time. Parents should wear face coverings.
- TOILETS will remain OPEN. Please ensure you wear a face covering and sanitise your hands before and after using the facilities.
You can exercise in a public outdoor place:
- by yourself
- with the people you live with
- with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
- in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
- or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
Usage within the park and opening hours will be kept under review and amended if the Council believes people's health is at risk. Updates will be provided on Facebook and the Parks website.
We strongly advise everyone to follow these measures as much as they can, and to significantly limit face-to-face interaction. For more information on how to keep each other safe visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
For more information on how to keep each other safe, click here
Baggeridge Country Park
Baggeridge Country Park is a beautiful area of countryside on the doorstep of the Black Country, with a great range of facilities on offer. The park has been a Green Flag winner every year since 1998 which is an international mark of quality for parks and green spaces. The park is ideal for walkers and dog walkers, families with young children, bird watchers and nature enthusiasts.
Contact: Baggeridge Country Park, Gospel End, Sedgley, DY3 4HB Tel: 01902 882605 Email: Baggeridge@sstaffs.gov.uk
The park offers a range of facilities including:
*restrictions as a result of Coronavirus apply and some facilities may be closed
- The Lydiate Room (community room)
- Tea Room
- Miniature Railway
- Children's Play Area
- Challenge Academy
- Dog Friendly Park
- Toilet facilities on site
- Bike Trail
- Horse Trekking
Normal Opening Times
The parks opening times changing seasonally however current opening times are Monday - Sunday, 09.00-17.00
The carpark has pay and display coin operated machines and enforcement is frequently carried out. Charges are as follows:
Blue badge holders are eligible to park for free however badges must be on display
Parking permits are available and may be cost effective for regular visitors of the park
*South Staffordshire residents are entitled to further discounts off the parking permits.