Alcohol & Entertainment Licensing
The Licensing Act 2003 covers:
- the sale or supply of alcohol
- the provision of regulated entertainment
- the supply of late night refreshment.
The Licensing Authority is responsible for issuing:
- premises licences
- club premises certificates
- personal licences (associated with the sale of alcohol)
- temporary event notices (for occasional events involving less than 500 people)
The Act also requires the Licensing Authority to publish a Statement of Licensing Policy.