How to pay your Business Rates
How to pay your business rates
Pay Online: You can pay your bill, with a credit or debit card, using our online payments service.
Self Service: View your council tax account details, see how much your next Council Tax instalment is and when it's due to be paid etc. using new Self Service Facility.
Other ways to pay council tax
Simply complete the online direct debit form and return it to us or call us on 01902 696664, having your sort code and account number ready. You've got a choice of payment dates: 1st, 15th of each month.
Upon receipt of the information we will endeavour to process your application within 14 days.
You can pay by Banks Automated Clearing System (BACS).
BACS payments can be set up directly with your bank or through internet banking.
Payment must be made by the first day of each month.
When making BACS payments you will need to quote:
- Your Council Tax Account Number: 5 _______,
- Sort Code: 20-81-18
- Account number 23733254.
24 Hour Telephone Payment Facility
You can pay using our dedicated automated payment line: (01902) 696678. You will need to quote your Council Tax account number.
If you want to pay by Standing Order then you need to quote the following details when you advise your bank:
- South Staffordshire Council,
- Barclay's Bank,
- Sort Code: 20-81-00
- Account Number: 23733254
- quoting the account reference shown on the front of your bill.
Post Office Counters & Paypoint Outlets
You must use the barcode on your most recent bill or reminder notice each time you use this service.
Please note some outlets may only accept cash payments.
- Do not enclose your bill with your payment, please retain for your records.
- Don't send cash through the post - it's not secure and we won't issue you with a receipt.
- Only post cheques or postal orders.
- It should be made payable to South Staffordshire District Council and sent to the address below.
- Please write your account reference and your name and address on the reverse of your cheque.
Payment Over 12 Months
You can ask to pay your Business Rates over 12 months. Please contact the office to request this by emailing us at email@example.com or telephoning us on (01902) 696669.
If you would like to register for self-service where you can access information on your Business rates account please follow this link:- Self Service