Coronavirus restrictions: 31 December 2020
TIER 4 – LEISURE CENTRE CLOSED
After the latest government announcement, Staffordshire has been placed into tier 4. Unfortunately, the leisure centres are not permitted to open. Please stay at home and keep safe. Our leisure centres will continue to provide live and online home workouts.
Join our online class membership this January and receive your first month for half price...that's just £6!
To find out more about the online classes click here
- Following the government announcement, face masks/coverings MUST be worn in all public areas of the leisure centres including reception, corridors and toilets.
- Face masks can be removed once a customer has reached their activity area ·
- Face masks do not need to be worn when doing physical exertion/exercise/strenuous fitness work.
- Customers will be expected to wear face masks/coverings to enter the building and register attendance. Customers may remove the face mask/covering once they reach their respective activity area e.g. gym, exercise class, sports hall, or swim pool areas.
- Toning customers must wear face masks/coverings at all times .
- Young people over 11 years old must wear a face mask ·
- All children over the age of 11 years who are attending swim clubs, family bubble swims or other will have to wear a face mask/covering alongside the adults accompanying them when entering/leaving the premises/activity.
- Children under the age of 11 are not required to wear face masks/coverings as per current guidance.
NHS Track and Trace
- It is a legal requirement for various businesses including leisure to encourage customers to scan the NHS covid 19 QR code which will be displayed on entrance to the leisure centre. Please download the NHS Covid 19 App so that you are ready to scan the code on entry into the leisure centre. https://www.covid19.nhs.uk/
- If you are unable to download the app, you are still permitted to use the leisure centres however it is advisable that as many users as possible are scanning the code as it is an integral part of the NHS track and trace system.
Leisure centre usage guidelines
We have taken the following steps to ensure the safety of our customers and staff:
- One at a time at reception
- Booking is essential
- Sanitising stations on entry
- Facemasks must be worn in all public areas
- Scan the Covid-19 QR code on entry for the NHS Trace and Track
- Contactless payments where possible
- Follow the one way systems through the centre and within each facility
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
- Bring your own mat and equipment to exercise classes
- Only one permitted into toilets at a time
- Changing rooms, lockers and vending machines are unavailable
- Exit via the nearest exit door and do not walk back pact reception
If you are a non-member and wish to take out a membership, complete the membership form and direct debit form and then call us to arrange an appointment.
• Membership fees will be reduced by £5 per month for 3 months (September, October and November).
If you want to keep your membership suspended, please contact us at Leisure@sstaffs.gov.uk with your full name, address, membership number, stating the dates you wish to continue with your suspension, and also state which leisure centre you normally use.
HEAR THE LATEST NEWS FIRST
Keep up to date with the latest developments by signing up to receive regular bulletins here