For all new or variations to Premises Licences or Club Premises Certificates, a notice has to be displayed on the premises within 1 day of us receiving your application. Within 10 days of us receiving your application, you must also place a notice in a local newspaper circulating within the area. Notices and Advertisements must meet the following conditions:
1) Advertise for a period of no less than 28 consecutive days starting on the day after the day on which the application was given to the relevant licensing authority, by displaying a notice, which is:
- of a size equal or larger than A4
- of a pale blue colour
- printed legibly in black ink or typed in black in a font size equal to or larger than 16
2) In all cases, prominently at or on the premises to which the application relates where it can be conveniently read from the exterior of the premises and in the case of a premises covering an area of more than fifty metres square, a further notice in the same form and subject to the same requirements every fifty metres along the external perimeter of the premises abutting any highway; and
3) By publishing a notice:
- in a local newspaper or, if there is none, in a local newsletter, circular or similar document, circulating in the vicinity of the premises;
- on at least one occasion during the period of ten working days starting on the day after the day on which the application was given to the relevant licensing authority.
4) The notices referred to above, shall contain a statement of the relevant licensable activities or relevant qualifying club activities as the case may require which it is proposed will be carried on or from the premises:
- shall state that representations are restricted after the issue of a provisional statement; and
- where known, may state the relevant licensable activities which it is proposed will be carried on or off the premises.
5) In the case of an application to vary a premises licence or a club premises certificate, the notices referred to above shall briefly describe the proposed variation. In all cases, the notices referred to shall state:
- the name of the applicant or club;
- the postal address of the premises or club premises, if any, or if there is no postal address for the premises a description of those premises sufficient to enable the location and extent of the premises or club premises to be identified;
- the Licensing Team, Council Offices, Codsall, South Staffordshire, WV8 1PX, where it is possible to view a copy of the licensing register;
- the date by which an interested party or responsible authority may make representations to the relevant licensing authority;
- that representations shall be made in writing; and
- that it is an offence knowingly or recklessly to make a false statement in connection with an application and the maximum fine for which a person is liable on summary conviction for the offence.
Telephone: 01902 696804