Bereavement Support & Advice
Dealing with the death of a relative or friend is always extremely difficult and we recognise that as well as support from family and friends you may also need help and advice from other organisations.
We have put together a list of organisations and free helplines that offer useful advice and guidance on all aspects of funerals and bereavement.
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Their free helpline is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 until 5.00 (0808 808 1677). You can visit their website also: www.cruse.org.uk/get-help/coronavirus-dealing-bereavement-and-grief
- The Bereavement Advice Centre has a free helpline (0800 634 9494) which you can call between 9.00 and 5.00 Monday to Friday. Their website is: www.bereavementadvice.org
- The NHS Bereavement Helpline - can be contacted between 8.00 and 8.00 every day (Tel: 0800 2600 400).
- The Good Grief Trust website has lots of information on how to cope with a bereavement and advice on where to turn for support and guidance. www.thegoodgrieftrust.org
- The Gov.uk website also has practical information about what you need to do when someone dies. www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-help-and-support-if-someone-dies
Our cemeteries at Sytch Lane and Strawberry Lane are open to visitors from 9.00 until 4.30 every day and for funerals from 9.00 until 3.00 Monday to Friday. Please contact us on 01902 696000 for more information.