Our Service Standards
Our Service Standards and what you can expect from us
- Provide dignified and compassionate burial services for bereaved families.
- Ensure that all burials comply with appropriate legislation and codes of working practice.
- Ensure that a member of staff meets each funeral cortege on arrival at the cemeteries. ·
- Ensure that all staff are trained and qualified in providing high quality bereavement services to all customers and stakeholders. ·
- Ensure that the Bereavement Services office is open to the public and funeral directors from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Ensure that the cemeteries will be open to visitors every day of the year.
- Ensure that the cemeteries are clean and well-maintained.
- Develop cemeteries as key green space assets for use by all the whole community.
- Maintain the cemeteries to a standard that provides a place of comfort, tranquility and reflection for all those who visit.
- Ensure grave digging and grave preparation operations comply with the requirements of the contract specification.
- Respond to your enquiry promptly and effectively.
- Treat you fairly and with respect.
- Make our services and any published information about them easy to understand and use.
- Respond to complaints within 10 working days.