THE LEISURE CENTRE WILL RE-OPEN ON WEDNESDAY 2 DECEMBER
Staffordshire has been categorised as tier 3. We can confirm that the following will be open however restrictions will apply:
- Swimming Pool
- 3G Pitches
- Badminton (singles only from the same household. Maximum 2 players per court)
Exercise Classes update:
Tier 3 does not permit exercise classes to continue therefore we are unable to provide classes in the leisure centres currently. You can however access our online, live classes which provide access to over 20 classes per week.
Members can access the online classes for free. If you're a member and you have not registered for joining the online classes, get in touch by emailing us at Leisure@sstaffs.gov.uk so that we can send you a unique link allowing you to register for free with unlimited access.
Non-members can access classes with your first class being free; classes will be £4 thereafter. To book and pay for a class click here
For just £12 per month you can take out an online classes membership giving you unlimited access. Find out more here
Bookings: We are now taking bookings. To book, members should book online here . If you are unable to book online, call your local centre during the following times:
- Wednesday 25 November - Friday 27 November, 9am-3pm ·
- Monday 30 November - Tuesday 1 December, 9am-5pm.
Membership Fees: Member payments will be zero for the December payment as members are owed a month for November. Suspended members will remain suspended.
We will keep you informed and post more detail here in due course.
- Following the government announcement, face masks/coverings MUST be worn in all public areas of the leisure centres including reception, corridors and toilets.
- Face masks can be removed once a customer has reached their activity area ·
- Face masks do not need to be worn when doing physical exertion/exercise/strenuous fitness work.
- Customers will be expected to wear face masks/coverings to enter the building and register attendance. Customers may remove the face mask/covering once they reach their respective activity area e.g. gym, exercise class, sports hall, or swim pool areas.
- Toning customers must wear face masks/coverings at all times .
- Young people over 11 years old must wear a face mask ·
- All children over the age of 11 years who are attending swim clubs, family bubble swims or other will have to wear a face mask/covering alongside the adults accompanying them when entering/leaving the premises/activity.
- Children under the age of 11 are not required to wear face masks/coverings as per current guidance.
NHS Track and Trace
- It is a legal requirement for various businesses including leisure to encourage customers to scan the NHS covid 19 QR code which will be displayed on entrance to the leisure centre. Please download the NHS Covid 19 App so that you are ready to scan the code on entry into the leisure centre. https://www.covid19.nhs.uk/
- If you are unable to download the app, you are still permitted to use the leisure centres however it is advisable that as many users as possible are scanning the code as it is an integral part of the NHS track and trace system.
Leisure centre usage guidelines
We have taken the following steps to ensure the safety of our customers and staff:
- One at a time at reception
- Booking is essential
- Sanitising stations on entry
- Facemasks must be worn in all public areas
- Scan the Covid-19 QR code on entry for the NHS Trace and Track
- Contactless payments where possible
- Follow the one way systems through the centre and within each facility
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
- Bring your own mat and equipment to exercise classes
- Only one permitted into toilets at a time
- Changing rooms, lockers and vending machines are unavailable
- Exit via the nearest exit door and do not walk back pact reception
If you are a non-member and wish to take out a membership, complete the membership form and direct debit form and then call us to arrange an appointment.
• Membership fees will be reduced by £5 per month for 3 months (September, October and November).
If you want to keep your membership suspended, please contact us at Leisure@sstaffs.gov.uk with your full name, address, membership number, stating the dates you wish to continue with your suspension, and also state which leisure centre you normally use.
HEAR THE LATEST NEWS FIRST
Keep up to date with the latest developments by signing up to receive regular bulletins here