Staffordshire Space Scheme is back this summer, providing leisure discounts for young people aged 8-17 years old, thanks to funding from Staffordshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
Here is what's available at South Staffordshire Council's leisure centres
- Swim for £1
- Gym for £1 (Must be aged 13 or over)
- Half price 3G pitch hire (1 hour group booking for £10)
Terms and conditions
- Passes are available for young people living in South Staffordshire, aged 8-17 years old (proof of age may be required).
- Passes are available to use during the summer school holiday only.
- Passes are available to access public swimming, gym sessions and 3G pitch hire.
- For gym sessions, young people need to be aged 13 years+ and must undergo a pre-booked gym induction on their first session. The gym induction will be free of charge and held during one of the dedicated ‘Active Youth Times'. Pre-booking for the gym is essential. for Active Youth gym times, contact your nearest leisure centre.
- A parent/guardian will be required to sign a permissions form prior to a young person attending any gym sessions.
- 13-16 year olds can attend the gym during dedicated ‘Active Youth Times' which are supervised sessions; Alternatively access is permitted at any time when accompanied by a participating parent/guardian. (*Normal charges apply for the accompanying parent/guardian).
- 16 years+ can attend the gym unaccompanied and at any time.
- Young people must be 8 years+ to swim unaccompanied. Pre-booking is not available for swimming.
- Purchase your passes at any of South Staffordshire Council's leisure centres for £1 per session for the gym or swimming.
- 3G pitch hire is subject to availability. 3G pitch hire is discounted and available for £10 per hour, for 1/4 pitch hire. Advanced booking is essential.
- Those using the 3G pitch at Wombourne Leisure Centre MUST have Astro Trainers or boots in order to use the facility.
- 3G pitch bookings are unsupervised therefore children must be 12 years+.
- Children aged 8-12 years can use the 3G pitch facility however a parent/guardian will need to stay for the duration of the booked session in order to supervise.
- Where young people attend the 3G pitch without supervision, the leisure centre will not tolerate any issues with poor behaviour. Should the facility be abused, the group may be asked to leave the facility and further bookings may be refused. (Refunds will not be given)
- The leisure centre management reserve the right to refuse entry.
How to sign up and take part
- Visit your nearest leisure centre and complete the short form on the reverse of one of The Space Scheme flyers;
- We'll then issue you with a Space Scheme membership card which will be valid for the duration of the summer;
- You can then book your activities at the leisure centre reception