The Space Scheme
This summer, thanks to funding from the Police and Crime Commissioner, our leisure centres are offering discounts for young people aged 8-18 which will be available throughout the summer school holiday.
Discounts will be available for:
|Pass Type||Age restrictions||Price||What's included|
|Weekly swimming passes||Available for 8-18 year olds||£2.00 per pass||Unlimited swimming during all public swimming sessions (including fun time and inflatable sessions).|
|Weekly membership passes||Available for 16-18 year olds||£2.00 per pass||Unlimited use of the gyms, exercise classes and swimming during facility and programmed opening times.|
|6-week Active Youth pass||Available for 13-18 year olds||£10.00 per pass||Supervised gym sessions at specific times for people aged 13-18 years old. Includes Free gym induction. Booking is essential for the first session. (See times below).|
Terms and Conditions
- Passes are available for young people living in South Staffordshire, aged 8-18
- Passes are available to use during the summer school holiday only ( Monday 22 July - Friday 30 August)
- Passes provide weekly access into your chosen facilities during facility and programmed opening times
- Passes can be purchased multiple times during the summer school holiday
- Purchase your passes at any of South Staffordshire Council's leisure centres
- Passes are limited and sold on a first come, first served basis
- You will need to provide personal details at the time of buying your pass and this information will be sent to The Office of The Police and Crime Commissioner in order to evaluate the scheme.
- At the time of purchasing, under 18's will need to have a parent/guardian present to sign the consent form
Active Youth Times
Challenge Academy – High Ropes Adventure Day
Includes: Climbing walls, 3m Traverses and Challenges, 3m Aerial Trek course – we will set the challenge, the 9m Traverses and Powerfan - step off our 30′ high platform.
Team Development - Team challenges in the air and on the ground.
Woodland Challenge - Loads of onsite learning in our forest shelter and around the park.
Forest Skills and Bushcraft - Learn some essential primitive skills with our experienced practitioners
- Location: Baggeridge Country Park – Challenge Academy
- Ages: For 8-18 year olds (Children under 16 must be supervised by a parent/guardian for the duration of the session)
- Wednesday 21st August (FULLY BOOKED)
- Wednesday 7 August (FULLY BOOKED)
- Wednesday 14 August (FULLY BOOKED)
- Thursday 22 August (FULLY BOOKED)
- Time: 10am-3pm (Please arrive 10 minutes before the start)
- Places will be sold on a first come, first served basis and booking in advance is essential.
- Parents will need to complete a permissions form - see further information below.
- To book email Leisure@sstaffs.gov.uk for availability
General Information from Challenge Academy
We aim to be inclusive and therefore if any participants have any special needs or requirements please inform us of the nature of the requirements before your visit. Should you wish to discuss your programme with a member of the Challenge Academy team please call us.
Clothing and Footwear - Please advise your group to wear: clothing that does not restrict movement; trousers or long shorts (no skirts); strong sturdy footwear (no open-toed sandals, heels, slip-on shoes or Crocs); and a weatherproof jacket in case of rain! Long hair should be tied back in a low pony tail. Dangling or protruding jewellery should not be worn.
It is recommended that participants bring a packed lunch, snacks and drinks.
Responsibility - Challenge Academy staff take responsibility for participants in our programmes as specified in our risk assessment. Responsibility for the movement of pupils to and from the site, during transition times, and at breaks, rests with the school staff. We would ask that school staff work closely with Challenge Academy staff to ensure safety at all times and to maximise the learning outcomes of the activities.
Parent Guardian Permission forms - A consent form MUST be completed and issued to Challenge Academy on arrival to the session. Click on the link below for parent/guardian permission forms and other important and useful information. Permission form
Photographs - We sometimes use photographs for marketing purposes. We never use names. Parents/guardians are informed of this on the Parent/Guardian Permission Form and are given the opportunity to tick a box to refuse permission for us to use images of their child.
We want your feedback on this years Space Scheme
We would love to know what you think about The Space Scheme. Please complete the form and let us know what you think.
What else is on offer this Summer for young people?
Summer Holiday Active Camps
This Summer your local leisure centres are providing school holiday Active Camps for young people aged 4-14, delivered in partnership with Aspire Sports. Camps will be running every weekday from 22 July – 30 August offering half-day, full-day and extended-day care, starting from just £10! Find out more and book early for the best price here
Out and About
The Out and About scheme is back again this summer thanks to the support of several local parish councils. Out and About increases opportunities for local children to get involved in sports and dance sessions during the summer holiday, with the council's providing the activities within their parish which children can get to easily. Some activities are free, others are a nominal fee. Your child must live within the parish to be eligible to take part. Other parish council's provide funding to subsidise the leisure centres school holiday Active Camps, offering children within their parish discounts off the summer camps. To find out more click here